3.02.2011

the anatomy of a cupcake.

I made PB&J cupcakes a few days ago. Not only were they really fun to make, but they were also soooo yummy. And it's your lucky day, I want to share with you how to make them!



Step 1: start with vanilla cupcake (I thought a chocolate PB&J would be good too, but I thought it might have been extreme overload...)


Step 2: I injected strawberry preserves after creating a narrow valley in the center of the cupcake. I chose strawberry because I can live without grape jelly. I can't however live without grapes. Just the jelly.

FYI: In hindsight, I should have used strawberry jam. Trying to pick through large pieces of fruit was no fun task.

Step 3: top with amazingly-wonderful-fluffy peanut butter buttercream. See how pretty it is below?

Step 4: thin strawberry preserves with water and create cascading waterfalls down beautifully topped icing

Step 5: clean up jelly ponds that have formed on counter from said waterfalls

Step 6: get over waterfall idea & dig shallow holes for little ponds on top of beautiful cupcakes


Step 7: Eat them up!! Give these away! Trust me, your jeans will thank you!

PS: I recommend skipping steps 4 - 5.

2 comments: