7.13.2012

great is thy faithfulness.



a year ago, i was applying to several different nursing schools, while praying earnestly that my dreams would be fulfilled.

as i sit here today, i am taking a break from studying for my second peds test.
at the end of the month, i will be halfway through my accelerated BSN program.

just one year, and so much change has occurred.
it is unbelievable how faithful He is.
and it's beyond imaginable what God's plans are for my life.

to say that this has been difficult is an understatement, but i also know that this is just a season.
and i know that this journey is  
worth the destination,
and that He is > than any obstacle i face
(yep, bringin' back the old-school math equation!)

i am sitting in my parents living room studying and listening to the familiar sounds that i abandoned to follow my dreams.
while every single bit of this journey has been worth it, i have a love-hate relationship with coming home.
since arriving last night at 7 for my sistercat's baby shower, i've already cried twice.
"why are you crying?" she asked me
"because i just hate coming home...i hate being reminded of this normalcy that i left...where my family, my life, my friends, my church, my small group girls, my comfort are," i said.
i love being here, but i hate leaving.
but i am so, so thankful for these moments that i need to cherish.

she said some über sweet sisterly words that weren't too earth shattering, but they were well-needed for my soul.
after about 8 crocodile tears rolled down my face, i stopped and smiled.

i think the overwhelming days of feeling inadequate in school, plus feeling in over my head in schoolwork, plus seeing this adorableness in person:
just made me lose it with the emotions!

however, those are all feelings.
feelings are constantly changing.
our circumstances are constantly spinning around us, leaving us feeling like wreckage from a tornado afterward.
but God's promise, and His amazing mercies, grace, and rock-solid foundation
are helpful in remembering that i am inadequate without Him.
i would be a disheveled mess during the storms of life if i didn't plant myself on His rock.

it's because of His faithfulness that i am standing strong, and that i have the ability to make it through this rigorous 13-month program.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 is just one glimpse of this:
"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 

may you allow him to be > than your circumstances today!



No comments:

Post a Comment