2.06.2011

green monster.

I want to introduce you to the Green Monster.


This is Mike Wazowski. And he's totally not what I'm talking about. But he is super cute, and he is from the movie Monsters Inc. Love him almost as much as the real guy.

This is Wally. He's the official mascot of the Boston Red Sox. Again, love them. Love him. Love how adorable he is. But, don't love him as much as the real thing.

This is Slimer. Do you remember him? He is a ghost made up of pure ecoplasm (ghost slime), and the first ghost captured by the Ghostbusters. He is sick, nasty, and gross. And he's well known for the green slime that he leaves behind when he passes through solid objects.

This is my Green Monster. It looks like something Slimer left behind. But guess what? It's yummy. And I drink it every morning. Not always the same concoction, but it's always green! And it gets to be green from spinach! Yes, I know what you're thinking - sick, nasty, gross - just like Slimer. But it's actually amazing! Here is what I put it in this morning:
1 1/2 c spinach
1 c almond milk
1 banana
1/2 c frozen pineapple

I threw all of that in my blender, and viola! Green Monster goodness. The exciting news is, 1 cup of spinach gives you this:
5 % of your daily potassium (I know, not much - thank you for saving us, banana)
3% of your daily dietary fiber (again, not much)
3% of your daily calcium
5.6% of your daily iron
40.3% of your daily vitamin A
13.3% of your daily vitamin C

And I did a cup and a half! So thank you Mr. Vitamin A! Other mornings I throw in apples, pears, blueberries, raspberries (1 c = 8g fiber!), mango, etc. I challenge you to try it! You will fall in love with the slimiest drink alive. And your body will thank you!
'Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."' - Genesis 1:29

1 comment:

  1. I used to be afraid of these green monsters...until I had Odwalla's Superfood which is also a green pondscummy color. I closed my eyes and took a good gulp-and it is fantastic! All you taste is the fruit!! And I feel better after I drink it (Maybe just mental). Will try your yummy recipe (:

    ReplyDelete