3.17.2011

the day of alexander.

When I was little one of my favorite books was Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

This poor boy gets smushed in the middle seat of the car, has a desertless lunch sack, a cavity at the dentist, stripeless tennis shoes, and the worst: witnessing kissing on tv (poor kid). He threatens several times to move to Australia. His mom reassured him at the end that everyone has bad days, even people in Australia.

Today was a day similar to Alexander's. I wanted to tell him to scoot over in his bed (even though the nightlight burnt out)and we could sulk together. But then I reminded myself that bad days happen. Bad days are normal occurrences that usually stem from blowing things out of perspective, or just plain not communicating properly.

So when I got home from my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, I had a package waiting for me. And do you wanna know what made that day better? This:


My Africa shirt came in the mail! Sorry the words are backwards, I was home alone and it's too late to be fancy shmancy and flip. Life is sometimes discouraging, but pick yourself back up and get excited for what's to come!

And a message from sweet Frannie:




"In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Francesca Batestelli's song "This is the Stuff"! It makes me happy.

    I also want one of those africa shirts, but do you think they have one with the collar missing? I think I would like that better.

    ReplyDelete