6.29.2011

long goodbye.

I'm in London.
waiting on my flight back to RDU and wishing I was still at the orphanage.
I had an unbelievable time, and formed relationships that I will have until the day I meet Jesus. the team started crying as we hugged Teresia, Joseph [her husband], and the elders at the home,
and we did it again at the airport.
I cried every last bit of water out of my body to the point of my head hurting.
as I was hugging Teresia goodbye, I cried, "I don't want to go."
she hugged me closer and said, "stay with us."

I wish it were that simple.
but I told her that I would come back.
I left a H U G E piece of my heart in Nairobi
and I have to go back.

there are so many children who will never have the love that I was blessed with growing up.
just to give one of them a hug felt like I was giving them the entire world.
I hugged little Diana goodbye yesterday,
and I told her that I loved her.
she said, "same," as her eyes started to turn red.
she had just received an award for being #2 in the standard 2 class.
I told her I was so proud of her and that I promised I would be back.
that started the first flow of tears out of the 8 for the day.

I miss those children like crazy already,
and here is a little clip of the first Sunday we spent with them
as they sang praise and worship.
you can hear the immense joy they have as they sing their little hearts out:


thank you all for your prayers, love, and support.
I felt protected by them as I was in a new place.
I covet your prayers as I transition back to my familiar life that seems so unfamiliar now.

No comments:

Post a Comment