8.04.2011

thoughtful thursday.


this quote is amazing.
& sometimes so difficult to do.
my friend emily's husband asks her sometimes,
"what's the eternal significance?"
when she gets caught up on something.
basically a polite way of saying,
"who cares?"
well we care, and we expect others to know that we care.
but at the end of the day - the world does not need us.
the world needs Jesus.
and we are here to show others that
through His love by our love.
not our love to those special few that we've
picked out.
e v e r y o n e.
yes, even those who hurt us.

in matthew 18:21-22, peter asks Jesus, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive
my brother when he sins against me? up to seven times?" Jesus
answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven
times."

this doesn't mean keep tick marks until it reaches 77.
it means keep forgiving.
keep loving.
keep showing that person Jesus' face through the grace you extend them.
because we have been extended that same grace through Him.
ughughugh.
I know.
but, "what's the eternal significance?"

No comments:

Post a Comment