11.09.2011

thoughtful thursday.


i ran into someone recently who i knew a long time ago.
someone who wasn't particularly kind to me.
but back then, i was not this particularly kind.

i was with a good friend of mine, 
and i froze up.
like a deer caught in headlights,
i turned to her and said,
"i haven't seen her in a very, very long time.
and the last time i did, i was a different person."

"it's ok," she smiled at me.
"God knows the person you are now.
and He doesn't care who you used to be.
all that He cares about is who you are now."

i looked back at her and thanked her.
peace consumed me with her words of truth.
and then i thanked Him for putting her in my life,
and all my wonderful accountability partners
who speak truth to me.
the ones who are there to help pick me up when i slip.

Romans 5:8 says,
"but God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners,
Christ died for us."
what this means:
he loved you at your darkest. 

what a blessing.
what a gift.
and what 
grace.

that is what true love looks like.

2 comments:

  1. this quote was on the side of my study bible last night! maybe God's trying to teach me something :)

    Loved this post, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I guess he is! thank you :)

    ReplyDelete