1.10.2012

kitchen.

i feel somewhat guilty for never putting up pictures of my finished kitchen...
especially before selling it.
so now i feel semi-weird posting the kitchen i updated
which no longer belongs to me.
hm...oh well.
here's the grand debut!
and nothing photoshop-fancy this time,
i got things to do.

before:
hey dad.

in progress!
 new granite & new deep sink!
subway tile backsplash!
 ALL of the outlets were changed in the house.
they were an icky mauve.
now they are sleek, pristine white!
 cabinets painted to Behr: Falling Snow

after
all drawer-pulls changed out to cup pulls.
found those suckers on eBay for super inexpensive!
kitchen walls: stoning ton gray by benny moore,
also seen here in the queen's lair
granite color: i have no idea. i'm very sorry. should have written it down
subway tile: either HD or Lowe's for super cheap. 
24 cents each and they will take back any unused pieces!

some foyer love

before:
that chandelier had to go.
it could have gotten some great love and been restored,
but i wasn't a fan. 
so it found a home at habitat!

after:
walls: abalone by benny moore matched to behr
also seen here in guest bath
flush mount ceiling light: lowes 2 for $20 (i know!)
the other one is on the opposite side of the hall.

would i do it again? absolutely.
i sit in my rental house and think that it's super cute and quaint,
but i also spot several things i would like to tackle.
however -- i also have to remind myself that this is not my house, 
that i will one day own again,
and i can make another masterpiece.

i cried several times as i moved out of my house
and did the final walkthrough.
i saw my house as something that i could restore, renew, and revive.
and at the same time, 
i desperately needed some restoring, renewing, and reviving.
so when i walked away on friday,
i felt like i was leaving who i used to be behind,
and welcoming in who God intends for me to be.
he is so faithful and his plans continue to surpass what i expected my life to be.

now...time to study.

"rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness;
turn your ear to me and save me."
-psalm 71:2

No comments:

Post a Comment