6.17.2011

jambo (hello)!

after 29 hours of traveling, we are finally here!
I was able to spend about 5 hours with Kaitlyn in London, and although my feet and shoulders hurt, it was an amazing day!
Kaitlyn was a wonderful tour guide, and took us to some great places.
London reminds me a lot of Washington DC.
Lots of historic buildings & nobody really wanted to talk to me when I said hi. Made me miss the south :)


we arrived in Nairobi at 6:30am (11:30am EST).
I would love to tell you that I have mastered the art of sleeping on a plane,
but that would be one big fat lie.
I think I got maybe 5 hours total on the 7.5 and 8.5 hour flights I was on.
luckily, they had some good movies & I was able to practice my Swahili!


we are at the new building right now, resting.
everyone has been so kind to us, and we have been waited on hand and foot.
I've asked to help several times because y'all know I can't sit still, but they have told me no every time. Winnie told me they will never let me help, so I just have to jump in.
so, I made sandwiches for everyone when we first arrived. they were made with bread, plum jam, and butter. very tasty!


I believe we are headed to the old building, where the children currently sleep & go to school, this evening.
there is a line for civilization [this computer] so that's all I can write today.
I'm not sure when mine will be able to have internet, so I don't know when I will be able to post pictures!


I love you all & covet your prayers!
we are so excited to be on this journey & I can't wait to share more with you!



kwa heri [goodbye]!

1 comment:

  1. yayy glad you made it safe and sound! thanks for such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete