6.09.2011

ooooh man.


hello hello hello!
not dead - yay!

this is the longest I've ever gone without blogging.
I really thought nobody would notice, but then my sweet friend Kelly [whom I didn't even KNOW read my blog, so ps thank you & I love you!]
asked me why it'd been such a long time - whoops.

so. I don't have pictures of my house, and honestly I am half-hoping you forgot.
just kidding.

the good news is I leave for Africa in SIX DAYS
that's crazy talk!
more good news is I am taking my computer with me AND bringing my camera
[aka my sister's because it has better zoom].
my camera is 5.5 years old - yikes!
so, get excited because I will be blogging from the motherland.

and more good news is in exactly one week from today,
I will have a 13 hour layover in London. and one of my very best friends
[aka one of my peaches] lives there.
her name is Kaitlyn and she is so great.
she's already sent me how to get from the airport to the city, and took the whole day off for me! we are going to sightsee and I may or may not stalk Prince Harry and propose.
I think Princess Melanie sounds lovely, don't you?

ok...on a more serious note, a HUGE thank you to my amazing friends and family.
my team and I are beyond thrilled to head to Kenya to spread the love to these little children with our open arms, our big praise-filled hearts, and with BOOKS!
we wouldn't be able to make the trip without your love, support, and most importantly - prayers!
and I'm trying to practice my Swahili, so here is a little token of my appreciation:

I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa --but this is the longest night ever!
I am bringing the kids bubble gum, bubbles, stickers, and these cute little stick-on mustaches. because let's face it, who doesn't love a kid with a mustache?
I can't wait to post pictures!

but for now, please continue pray for us.
the more enthralled I have been getting with catching up on LOST episodes,
the more I wonder if our plane is going to dip-dive into the Atlantic.
I know this type of event isn't something that happens on a regular basis,
but I would really like to make it to Africa and not some rando island in the middle of the ocean.
and pray for God to speak and move through us!

I love each and every one of you!

"Sing to the Lord all the earth; proclaim His salvation day after day. Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous deeds among all peoples." - 1 Chronicles 16:23-24


1 comment: